Monday, June 27, 2011

Mardyke Arena / Working Out in Cork

So while in Cork I decided that it would be a good idea to workout and stay in shape because when I did return to the USA it would be summer time and I would want to be physically fit and ready for beach season. In Ireland they do no use lbs for their weight sets, they use kilograms and at first I thought this might be a little bit confusing because I might have to convert the numbers in my head while lifting and I did not really want to worry about that while in the middle of my workout. Luckily I was able to us an olympic weight set while in Ireland which made the change that much easier. They gym in Cork was called
the Mardyke Arena and it was very nice. They had free weights, lifting machines, treadmills, ellipticals, basketball courts, squash courts rock climbing, and an indoor pool. These thing were what was inside, outside there was a wide array of fields that catered to Irish sports such as hurling, soccer, and gaelic football.

No comments:

Post a Comment