Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Bus to Galway

This past weekend I traveled to the town of Galway on the western coast of Irleand. I departed at 6 pm Thursday night because I do not have any classes on Friday and I wanted to beat the visiting student rush out of Cork. The bus service that I used was Citylink and I believe I made a good decision leaving on Thursday. The bus was about half full and I was able to secure my own seat, which was nice because the ride from Cork to Galway is about
3 and a half hours long. The only thing that was dissapointing about leaving at 6 pm was that I could not really take in the scenery outside the bus during the ride because it was very dark out. When I finally arrived in the town, Arielle was there waiting for me because she let me stay in her apartment at NUIG so that I would not have to spend money on a hostel. Upon arrival not much really happened it was about 10 pm when I finally entered Arielles apartment and I was tired from a long day of classes and travel so I went to bed early to get an early start the next day in Galway.

No comments:

Post a Comment